- 1. What is Seaside?
- 2. Is Seaside ready for production?
- 3. Show me applications built with Seaside?
- 4. Where can I find Seaside tutorials?
- 5. Is Seaside free? What license does Seaside use?
- 6. How do I get Seaside?
- 7. Are there any special hosting offers for seaside applications?
Seaside is an open source web application framework written in Smalltalk.
Seaside is used productively for many commercial and non-commercial applications.
As of the Seaside 2.5 (8 January 2004), Seaside has been under the MIT license. This means that you can use it to build commercial apps, royalty free, with no restrictions. Note that, besides Squeak, this also applies to commercial Smalltalks such as Cincom Smalltalk and Dolphin Smalltalk.